Web hosting/domain registration

I would stay away from any hosting company owned by EIG (Endurance International Group). Most of the popular ones are in there.

Could you elaborate on that? I’ve never heard of that group and wouldn’t know where to start nor how to avoid their companies.

I am interested in switching hosting providers. Does anyone have experience with WebFaction?

I would like to be able to switch providers quickly if I observe that uptimes are poor. I prefer not to be locked in for a year or more.

Basically they’re trying to run a monopoly on web hosting. Every hosting company that is bought by EIG turns to sh*t. I just had to leave an EIG owned hosting company a couple of weeks ago because they raised their prices a ridiculous amount without any notice, and then charged my credit card without my approval.

Just try googling “EIG bad”, “EIG review”, etc. and you will find a lot of information, such as this one:

1 Like

I also make sure to keep my domains and hosting at separate companies. Now even my email is separate from the regular hosting.

1 Like

I dont know…it seems all of the complaints it quotes are specifically about HostGator… Ive been with them about 10 years now I do remember it being down for an extended period of time (around an hour or so) about 6 years ago, other than that, it was down twice for for a minute at most. I have monitoring service on my website which immediately notifies me if my site goes down and when it comes back up again, plust HostGator sent an emaiil about the downtime and what the issue was.

I also think support is great…whether submitting a ticket or in live chat, any issues Ive had they take care of immediately. Not to sound all #TeamHostGator or anything lol but I switched to them from a deplorable hosting service I cant even remember the name of now…can only remember it started with an L and ended with hell or something :laughing: and Im beyond satisfied with HGs service

Now I will note…I have a reseller account, and it is entirely possible that my service is different from the standard accounts, so want to mention that just in case.

2 Likes

hth, :slight_smile: Jake

2 Likes

Answers in this thread seem sufficient. If you have more questions, please start a new thread.