Hi guys. So this is a project that I have been working on for about a month to add to my portfolio (I went in thinking that it would be done in 7 days!). Lately, I have stepped away from this project though, and have just come back to take it out of the dusty closet.
It is nowhere near the completeness that I had intended it to be, but I think that if I stick with this project until it is perfect, it will never be done. Also, the time that is spent on this project will be better spent on others, and learning new things. I will continue to do pit-stops though to add new things here and there as I learn new stuff.
In the meantime, I would like to hear your feedback and this one, and tips on improvements that could be made - please bear in mind though that I am trying to mirror the original webpage for the most part.
Some of the major shortfalls that I have noticed while working on this project is:
- I need to get familiar with a CSS naming convention such as BEM.
- The layout of the HTML is not as ‘efficient’ as I would like it to be. I found this out later while creating the stylesheet. As such, I found myself repeating some rules and classes that could have been avoided (the CSS file is bloated).
Also, you may notice that the CSS selectors are very wordy. This is because that CSS file is from an Scss output.