Welcome to the freeCodeCamp forum. Take a moment to introduce yourself here. :)

:confetti_ball: Welcome to Free Code Camp’s forum. :confetti_ball:
Please introduce yourself by replying to this thread with:

• who you are
  • why you’re learning to code
  • how you’ve been learning to code so far
2 Likes

AndyBuildsThings - Introduction

Hello, my name is Andy and I had started programming since I was 13 years old. I’m currently 28 years old and still programing as a hobby. I’m currently working towards turning the hobby into a career.

I’m learning to code to hopefully pursue a career into the tech industry. I’m currently a Union Journeyman Carpenter building hospitals, houses, industrial buildings, etc…

I started out learning Java and Python in the earlier days for Minecraft and creating AI bots for minecraft using python. I used a couple books and a variety of different resources to learn them. I’m now interested in learning web development and backend technologies. (MongoDB, SQL, React, Node.js, & Ruby).

Hope everyone has a great day.

3 Likes

Hi, I am Irfan Khattak I had started programming about 4 or 5 months ago. I’m 22 years old now, currently I’m doing bachlor of mathematical science. I want to work as a Data Scientist in a industry.
I’m learning code through youtube, Google, and afcourse freecodecamp these are very helpful platform for anyone who wants to learn how to code, how to built web page, How programming syntax works so these are really interesting things to check out.
I’ve learned so far how to mage web pages through Html and Css these are really interesting tools to built a web page.
And I’m also learning python for data science. I am a beginner I can’t do what a data scientist does but I’m learning. :blush:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Marcus from Nairobi, Kenya. I’m new to the programming space and so far I’m still in the front end part of the curriculum. I did start this in 2020 but life and school kinda became messed up and I had to step away. Now that I’ve graduated, I want to finish what I started. Just looking to connect with other coders and gain experience and knowledge. Nice to meet you all.

1 Like

Welcome, Irfan. I had a childhood friend named Irfan.

We are excited to have you here in the community. As you gradually expand your Python and data science skills, I encourage you to consider writing some tutorials as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Eesa, and I’m 14 years old. I started coding on freeCodeCamp when I was 12, to learn HTML and CSS. I really wanted to learn how to make websites because I thought it would be a cool skill to have, and I eventually ended up doing the Javascript course as well.

Two years later, I mostly learn languages and frameworks from tutorials, reading the documentation, and making tons of projects for practice!

As of now I’m building a social media site as a fun project, but in the long-term I want to found a startup at one point. Coding is really fun for me though, and I want to continue learning more in the future.

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Amit and I’m a visually impaired programmer. I’ve been trying to learn programming for quite a while now and looking forward to a bright career in software industry.
Learning web development on free code camp and from other resources has been fun and challenging especially CSS. So far I’ve learnt the basics of python and the common programming concepts like variables, control flow statements, functions and object oriented programming in java script and working hard to continue learning as much as I can.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.