I just stumbled over unstoppabledomains.com and I read that these blockchain domain names can be used to simplify crypto transactions. Furthermore there are “No Renewal Fees Ever” for registering a blockchain domain, which means we just need to pay once and own it forever? really?
The internet is evolving constantly and there is a lot of scam and misunderstandings specially in the crypto space, but also a lot of new features and advantages we get from this new technology.
It would be great if we can start a discussion in this threat to share information about this new blockchain domains. What do you think about that?
Here you can read an introduction about blockchain domains.
These are the benefits that blockchain domains offer:
- Simplify crypto transactions by replacing all your complicated wallet addresses with your domain name as your username.
- Use your domain to receive 275+ coins and tokens across multiple blockchain networks.
- Login to apps with your domain name as your universal web3 username.
- Unlike traditional domains, fully own and control your domain. You buy it once, you own it for life!
- Easily create and host websites, ranging from personal websites to NFT galleries.
My questions are:
- Can we use blockchain domains also for “normal” websites?
- Does it makes sense to use a blockchain domain for an online shop?
- What are the disadvantages of blockchain domains?
- Is this just another hype or a real opportunity?
- Do we really only need to pay once for the registration?
Please share your thought and your experience here.
Thanks for answers!