What do you think about my portfolio?

What do you guys think about my website?
https://lucas-hild.de/

What do I have to change?
Unfortunately the header image takes so long to load. How can I improve that?

Greetings
Lanseuo

Be careful about background image size. 12 mo it’s a bit too large. ;D
Apart from that, it’s good. I have just a bad feeling with navigation with the bottom arrow.

Hello!

Really good work you have done there, fully responsive and nice colors. Although I have to agree with @cafezen about background image. It’s too heavy and load time is huge. Try to optimize the image via Optimizilla (you can Google it) or some other tool like it.

A nice tweak that I personally suggest is to darken the image background with css to improve readability, like this:

background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) ), url(‘add_here_your_image_path.jpg’);
background-position: center top;

As I said, I like colors, but section “My Social Profiles” is a bit hard to read. Maybe something darker would do it better in there.

About users stories, it fullfill all of it except “I navigate to different sections of the webpage by clicking buttons in the navigation.”. Those arrows are an original touch, but in this case I think is not what is required.

That’s all I would suggest. I really think your portfolio looks great. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for your help! :grinning:
I removed the arrows and changed the background-image and the background-color.