What does a popular programer like Mark Zuckerberg doing when they start coding at first?

is it The right way I follow ? to achieve my dream of converting my new idea into a big website. I watch video tutorials, I read a book, articles. but I don’t know it is the right way? I am also confused about which language to learn first.
what does a popular programer like Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) doing when they start coding at first?

I would say that you are using a good approach. Few different sources so that the content does not get boring and I think there is no right or wrong way but only staying persistent.
I guess Mark was following the same pattern as the rest of us.
Good luck with your website

1 Like

Zuckerberg started with writing truly crap code. There’s a leaked copy out there of Facebook’s early PHP code, and it’s terrible. Bill Gates started out by writing a BASIC interpreter for really tiny computers. More engineering talent than Zuck, but being in the right place at the right time still counts for a lot more. Steve Jobs had Steve Wozniak to write all the code for him.

Being a successful tech CEO has little to do with programming ability or technique.

2 Likes

I think many ‘big’ things just happen: someone wants to do something, so they make the thing to help them do it, and then a billion other people see it and want it, too.

Don’t only follow what other people have done. Do something that you want to do that others may want as well.

Pretty much anything on the web needs HTML, so get good at that, and then make it look good with CSS.

There may be better role-models than Zuckerberg. Find someone whose company doesn’t spy on people for a living.

2 Likes