What else should I add on this project?

https://codepen.io/GoodNGo/pen/eYvgwEr

This is what I have now, and it matched up with other tributes I’ve seen. Is there anything else I have to add?

@GoodNGo, there are things you need to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects. These tests ensure that all of the user stories have been met.
    • Your page passes 1/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens

Ok I see what you mean. I’m looking at the user stories and I’m confuse because of the wording, can you explain it in more simpler terms?

Let’s start at the beginning. The first user story says
My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main", which contains all other elements.

What about this confuses you? How would you write the code for this?

I don’t know what they mean by “main” and im not sure why I have to have an Id attribute

You have to have an id attribute to meet the user story requirement.

“main” is the value given to the id attribute.

What you have to do is have an opening tag that has the id attribute with the “main” value (the user story shows how that is written). And all the rest of your code should be between that opening tag and its corresponding closing tag.

1 Like

Hi @GoodNGo !

You have made a lot of progress on this project since I last responded to your post this morning.

I think what would help you a lot is to have a game plan for building out these projects.

Here is my suggestion for a game plan.

1. Just start with html and focus on passing the user stories one at a time.
    Two of the user stories deal with css. But other than that just focus on getting the basic structure correct.

2.Run your code through the html validator as you build.
If you wait, till you are done then errors will pile up on you.
Consistently check if your code is correct as you are building it. It will be easier to manage that way.

1. Focus on styling.
    Once you have the basic structure in place than you can slowly design our page.

Also, since html and css are still new that is a great opportunity to learn how to research for answers.

Google is your best friend.
As you are working on passing the user stories, google for concepts that you don’t understand.
There are plenty of great resources that are tailored for beginners to understand these concepts better.

Here are some things that you will probably have to google for this project.

How to create an id in html?
How to group classes in html?
How to center an image css?
How to make a responsive image css?

Hope that helps!

1 Like

https://codepen.io/GoodNGo/pen/eYvgwEr is this how I write the id attribute? with all of the code inside of the id attribute?

1 Like

Yes it is but you don’t need to add it in the closing tag too.

---code---

and you don’t need two main tags on top of each other.

Think of the “main” tag as the “body” tag, I hope you understand.

ok I see. if the main id is the body tag is the “title” id for user story two supposed to be the “head”?

The “title” id can be used on any text element including (h1 - h6) inside the main element, remember the main element should contain all the other elements. just like how you named the main element with “main” , you can name an “h1” element with “title”

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.