What is Python For?

I want to learn this language but I do not understand what is it for can someone explain?

It’s a computer language so in a sense, like all computer languages, it is for telling a computer how to do something.

In a broader sense, Python is commonly used for data science, machine learning, artificial development. With a library it can be used to make web servers. I think it can be used for game and mobile development too.

1 Like

I think Python is used for making your dreams come true. You can put your code into the world and it can do what you want it to do. I know Python is used for Web-development with frameworks such as Flask/Django/Pyramid. It’s also really used in data analysis, data engineering and data science. People also use it in robotics and automation.
I’ve used it professionally for data engineering and process automation.

2 Likes

Python is a very popular language known to be especially useful in data science even though it is cable of doing many different things. My first programming language was Java Script and when I switched to coding in python I found the syntax to be much more efficient allowing programs to be created in much less time then other languages. The downside to this simple syntax is it creates a very slow and highly memory dependent program when compared with faster languages like C++. If you begin to learn JavaScript and C++ first learning to code in Python will seem easy. But when you want to reach scalability with projects you may consider wanting to use a faster more efficient language like C++. Writing programs in python is easy and a lot of fun.
Best of luck