What is the keyboard shortcut on a firefox browser (on windows7) for indenting entire paragraphs of code in FCC editor?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catsnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0.

If you’re in a code editor web application like the one FCC use, the editor will normally add in some controls so you can use the tab key without tabbing to the next control. Otherwise it’s the space bar. They’re actual keys on the keyboard, you don’t need keyboard shortcuts.

BTW, Shift + Alt + F works in the FCC editor (auto code format).

1 Like

Huh, it is CTRL + SHIFT + I on my machine. Do you use windows?

Thank you for the reply DanCouper.

The issue is that I want to indent an entire paragraph or two (the paragraph elements), and not just the first line of the paragraph(unlike traditional indents).

Upon watching the accompanying video, I realized that it would be the best way to keep the code organized and reader friendly, but when I sought out to indent them myself, I had trouble figuring out how. Googling didn’t be of much help either. Most of the shortcuts lead me to the Firefox help section and others seem to have different purposes.

Thanks for the reply Iasjorg.

Shift+Alt+F seemed to work similar to tabbing it. That, however isn’t the purpose.

The issue is that I want to indent an entire paragraph or two (the paragraph elements), and not just the first line of the paragraph(unlike traditional indents).

Upon watching the accompanying video, I realized that it would be the best way to keep the code organized and reader friendly, but when I sought out to indent them myself, I had trouble figuring out how. Googling didn’t be of much help either. Most of the shortcuts lead me to the Firefox help section and others seem to have different purposes.

Thanks for the reply arigoru. And yeah, I use Windows 7.

The shortcut you mentioned, Ctrl+Shift+I opened up an inspector window in the FCC editor and did nothing about indenting.

What do you mean? The paragraphs are in a single enclosed tag, you just

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catsnip scratched.</p>
</main>
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
</main>

Do you mean that when you have word wrap turned off you want to visually indent the paragraph inside the tag? Because that means you’re going to have to manually addline breaks like:

<p>

press enter, press tab/space

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed

press enter, it should align to previous indent

everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot,

press enter, it should align to previous indent

hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

and so on. Like this?