What is the point of this?

Tell us what’s happening:
I am still a bit confused on this project. I see that it is the last item outside of the array, but what is the point of this project? I know I am looping through an array, but I am not seeing an output. Can someone help me understand why I am doing this?

Your code so far

function filteredArray(arr, elem) {
  let newArr = [];
  // change code below this line
for (let i =0; i < arr.length; i++) {
  if (arr[i].indexOf(elem) ==- 1) {
    newArr.push(arr[i]);
  }
}

// change code above this line
  return newArr;
}

// change code here to test different cases:
console.log(filteredArray([[3, 2, 3], [1, 6, 3], [3, 13, 26], [19, 3, 9]], 3));

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.109 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-data-structures/iterate-through-all-an-arrays-items-using-for-loops

Run the code in your browser console. If you do so, with the input array:
[[3, 2, 3], [1, 6, 3], [3, 13, 26], [19, 3, 9]]

your output should be [] because your code is returning a new array that has all the elements (subarrays) of the original array which don’t contain the element (value) 3. There are no elements (subarrays) in the original array without the element (value) 3, so this output makes sense. If you remove the element 3 from the second subarray, your output would be:
[[1, 6]].

Running code in the console (Chrome):
Open new tab and right click anywhere on the window => click ‘inspect’ => click ‘Console’ at the top => paste in fcc exercise code on the right of ‘>’ => hit ‘enter’ on your keyboard to run.