What is this called in HTML code?

Hello, if I visit a financial or news website and a video starts playing and I scroll down so I don’t have to see the video but yet the video follows me in the lower right corner as a scroll down the page until I manage to find the “x” and close it. What is the annoyance called in the HTML code world?

Also did something change in HTML code standard along the way to allow this to happen ? I don’t recall it being this bad 5-10 years ago.

Thank you for the help. I am not a coder, I am just a curious and like to learn about these types of things.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.