What should my learning goals be if I want to make an app like this: subscribing to and displaying specific rss feeds

Hello!
I’d like to be able to make an app that would work on Android and iOS that allows users to subscribe to rss feeds from specific websites. and get notifications on their device when new material is added to the feed. They would see a list of the new posts, but then clicking on the title/image would take them directly to the website, so there wouldn’t need to be a way to render the pages in the app itself.

Currently I have lots of experience in HTML and CSS. I am learning JavaScript and will probably continue with React, so that’s the core technology I’d like to use.

I understand that I may be a ways off from actually writing this app, but I’d like to know what I should be learning to get to that point.

Please let me know if there are other things you need to know. I’m very open to customizing an existing open source app.

You would need a mobile dev language/framework - seeing your progress you could continue with React Native.

Then depending on what you want to do you may also need a backend, like if you want your users to have an account, being able to sync between different devices. For that, you need a backend, if you continue with the freeCodeCamp curriculum you can learn a way to do that.

Thanks! For this project, the users wouldn’t need accounts. That distinction makes sense.