What to do with Coding? Pls Help

Hey All,

This is my first post here and first of all i have to apologize for grammatical and spelling mistakes. I am a 31 years old software developer (Vb.Net automation of processes in machine industry) from Germany.

I landed this job after i finished my bachelor degree of mechanical engineering.
Now lets come to my initial question:
I want to do more!
But i have no idea where to start.
I dream of becoming my own boss. I want to start a business as side hustle . Something where i can code or help people with there business processes maybe.
I have good knowledge in Office products such as Word and Excel. Also i am good at managing project and i am familiar with vb.Net , C#, HTML , CSS and a bit of c++ .

Please do anyone have an idea what i could do with my “skills” ?
Thanks!
Alex

Well, we deal mostly with web development here. But ultimately the advice is the same. It takes a lot of work to become a good programmer, probably a couple years. Rather than being “familiar” with a few things, you’d need to become “very good” and a group of interrelated and supporting things.

It really depends on what you want to do, to decide what to study. But no matter what you decide, it’s going to have to be more than a hobby if you want to make money at it. Programmers make a lot of money because what we do is hard and takes a lot of work. If it were easy and could be done on the side, it would pay very little.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @kevinSmith !

A post was split to a new topic: Arithmetic Formatter question

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.