Whats wrong with my work

What are you trying to do? We need more information to help. What code is not doing what you expect?

5. The .main-section elements should contain at least 10 <p> elements total (not each).

Which project are you trying to do?

technical ducumentaton page

First of all, please learn to format your code as you go - it saves a lot more time than it takes.

If I look at the error, it says:

1. The .main-section elements should contain at least 10 <p> elements total (not each).

There are not at least 10 <p> elements throughout all of the elements with the class of ‘main-section’ : expected 0 to be at least 10 AssertionError: There are not at least 10 <p> elements throughout all of the elements with the class of ‘main-section’ : expected 0 to be at least 10

This based on the user story:

User Story #5: The .main-section elements should contain at least 10 p elements total (not each).

When I look at the relevant code:

<section class="main-section" id="samurai-shodown">
    <header>samurai-shodown</header>
  </section>

I see that there are no p elements in there. That is why the error is telling you, “expected 0 to be at least 10”. There are 0 there. If I add p elements in there, at least 10, then the error goes away. In short, this error is there because you have not content in your sections.

And to be clear, it is not saying that you must have 10 in that section, just that all the p elements in all the sections with the class “main-section”, there should be at least 10.

thanks man i now understand

1. Additionally, the navbar should contain link <a> elements with the class of “nav-link”. There should be one for every element with the class “main-section”.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

I think your test is getting messed up because you haven’t closed your a elements correctly:

<li> <a class="nav-link" href="#samurai-shodown" </a></li>

You are missing a closing angle bracket there. You also should probably have a little text there, too.

1 Like

Just to be clear, if you put <p> or some other html element in your post, the web page will try to interpret it. The instructions above tell how to do blocks of code, but you can also do them inline:

This is how I would put an inline element, like `<p>`,
by surrounding with single backticks.

thanks you are the best man

If you add the correct header text for those nav links then you will pass the last test.

1 Like

can i get and example of where that goes i have 3 ideas where it goes

can i get and example of where that goes i have 3 ideas where

If you look at your navbar these links don’t go anywhere because you don’t have any text here.

<a class="nav-link" href="#samurai-shodown">WHERE IS THE TEXT HERE?</a>

The purpose of the navbar is that the user should be able to click on the links and it takes them somewhere.

Right now there is nothing to click on
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 2.42.11 PM

You created headers called samurai shodown, frontier conquest, etc.
Copy that text and place it in the anchor tags for the test to pass.

1. Additionally, the navbar should contain link (<a>) elements with the class of “nav-link”. There should be one for every element with the class “main-section”. what this one means

You have a syntax error here

>fontier-conquest</a

You are missing the > after </a

man do i feel dumb why i didnt see it

it happens to all of us.

No worries.