When deployed to Heroku, python setup.py egg info did not run successfully.

Hi everybody,

I joined this group to learn more about web development. I am familiar with Java, C, and HTML, and am actively learning CSS and Python. I am highly interested in programming, so I set a goal for myself to learn Python. And I’m facing some issues! Can somebody help me?

After deploying and hosting my website, I upgraded my pip version. Then I installed the pypaystack package. When I try to push to Heroku, I get the error shown below. In the development stage, the project is running smoothly.

Collecting pypaystack==1.24
remote:          Downloading pypaystack-1.24.tar.gz (5.4 kB)
remote:          Preparing metadata (setup.py): started
remote:          Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status 'error'
remote:          error: subprocess-exited-with-error
remote:
remote:          × python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.
remote:          │ exit code: 1
remote:          ╰─> [12 lines of output]
remote:              Traceback (most recent call last):
remote:                File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
remote:                File "<pip-setuptools-caller>", line 34, in <module>
remote:                File "/tmp/pip-install-h6ay7jb3/pypaystack_2a3b97aa3d934da4b6c7a7d81a4a6ad2/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
remote:                  from pypaystack import version
remote:                File "/tmp/pip-install-h6ay7jb3/pypaystack_2a3b97aa3d934da4b6c7a7d81a4a6ad2/pypaystack/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
remote:                  from .customers import Customer
remote:                File "/tmp/pip-install-h6ay7jb3/pypaystack_2a3b97aa3d934da4b6c7a7d81a4a6ad2/pypaystack/customers.py", line 1, in <module>
remote:                  from .baseapi import BaseAPI
remote:                File "/tmp/pip-install-h6ay7jb3/pypaystack_2a3b97aa3d934da4b6c7a7d81a4a6ad2/pypaystack/baseapi.py", line 2, in <module>
remote:                  import requests
remote:              ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
remote:              [end of output]
remote:
remote:          note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
remote:        error: metadata-generation-failed
remote:
remote:        × Encountered error while generating package metadata.
remote:        ╰─> See above for output.
remote:
remote:        note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
remote:        hint: See above for details.
remote:  !     Push rejected, failed to compile Python app.

What can be the issue? I even created a new virtual environment but the error remains.

I’m hoping that this community will assist me on my path.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.