When you guys didn't put in an edit feature:

Did you guys expect us to go into the HTML code to edit our posts? I edited mine last night through it so that others would know it wasn’t an issue anymore and he got me thinking about >why< yall didnt put in an edit button.

1 Like

To edit the forum posts themselves, I see you can edit the title but not the body.

There should be an edit this post button, shaped like a pencil. Its under the extra options given when you click on the three dots.

I understood the question to mean is there an edit button to edit our posts. Is there any other way to read that? I.e., there are lots of interactive features on the messages once they are posted (e.g., reply, like, bookmark, share a link), but no edit capability. I think Clio5 is trying to figure out if that’s because you’d rather we edit directly in the source code, or isn’t it meant to be possible to edit posts after they’re posted? Are we supposed to write an additional post after we have figured out the issue we asked about in our first post, to say it’s all good now?

1 Like

I think that you might need a certain trust level to have access to the edit feature.

Thanks, that’s great information. (I think) that was my first post, so I didn’t see the pencil before. (PS - small difference - perhaps because I’m on macOS, I didn’t have to go into the three dots to see the pencil. It appeared with the other options as soon as I posted, and it took me to full message editing capability. That being said, it looks like the preferred convention is to write again rather than alter the original message.) (I will get better at writing briefer posts, promise.)

1 Like

Longer is better than saying nothing, if you ask me. Don’t worry brevity - worry about clearly describing how you’re stuck and we’ll answer as we can!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.