Which is most easy to study scripting language

which is most simple way to create a slider similar to that of this website(interpool). Is that simple to create a javascript slider manually. and which is most easy to study scripting language (Perl, JavaScript, VBScript or AppleScript)

Hi @stackon,

I will hazard a guess here. More experienced users can correct me if I am wrong.

I believe your best bet is going to be JavaScript.

More specifically, I believe that the jQuery library would make things like this easier.

For example, here is a YouTube tutorial of someone doing this: YouTube

I cannot vouch for this tutorial, but it seems JavaScript + the jQuery library would be a common way to solve this problem.

Thanks for the tutorial

1 Like

When you say “slider”, do you mean the image carousel? You can do that in JavaScript, or even in pure CSS (no scripting required). In fact here’s a tutorial for a pure CSS carousel, though it’d be simpler to do in JS (especially with jQuery).

Interestingly, the first thing that article cites is shouldiuseacarousel.com. Tl;dr: no, you shouldn’t.

1 Like

Also (separate post for a separate but related topic), you should probably look into the core web technologies. They are: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Due to JavaScript’s monopoly on being able to run natively in all browsers, it’s really the only front-end scripting language, though you can write your code in another language (such as CoffeeScript) and then use a preprocessor to convert it to JS.

1 Like