Who's web development course do you recommend, Colt Steel or Angela Yu or Andrei Neagoie. You can recommend any other instructor as well. Thanks

Each one has different pros.
Colte’s explanations are the clearest, but he doesn’t answer questions, and he didn’t bother updating his other courses.
Angela explains at great length, which is sometimes necessary, but also got on my nerves. She rarely answers questions, and the syllabus isn’t the best.
Andrei’s main advantages are his teaching assistants that are extremely helpful, and his discord community where you have many people willing to help beginners. His syllabus is also quite good. His explanations are ok on standard topics, but for anything more complex I needed to supplement them with Traversy’s videos etc.

2 Likes

Remember, you can buy a Udemy course and try it out (30 days I think). If it’s not right for you, you can get a refund.
Wait for a sale when courses are $11 or so. Sales happen often, like now.

1 Like

I am not able to speak to the other courses as I have not taken them, but I did Angela Yu’s Complete 2020 Webdev bootcamp and really enjoyed it. She does a good job explaining most things and in the rare instances I got stuck, the Q&A section of each video 99% of the time had the information I was looking for already posted or someone would answer me.

I think with the age of some of these courses it’s important to know that they were probably made a while ago, but some creators will update their content and you can access it for free. For instance, about 20 hours into the course, Angela released a 9 hour React section because she felt React was growing in usefulness for web dev. That is content I got free that I found very useful. Having completed Responsive Design Cert and working through JS Cert(about halfway through), I can say there is very little so far that is not review from what I already learned in Angela’s course.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

I took both Colt steel and Angela Yu course but not Andrei Neagoie’s course. Both are very good teacher. But I prefer Angela’s course. I took Colt’s course last year. It was good until it get to the back end part. Everything is outdated in the backend section. Then I got busy with my job, so I stop learning. This year I was unemployed, so I started again with Angela’s course. I think she explains all the basic concept much better. Everything is easy to follow. I think Colt’s course is harder maybe because he covers more stuff but sometimes it’s very confusing. The reason I recommend Angela’s course is mainly because it’s a little more up to date. She also included 8 hours of react in the course. Which I didn’t get to yet. But pretty sure that save me money from buying another react course. But I think there is not enough exercise in Angela’s course. So make sure you practice more somewhere else maybe in freecodecamp or something.

1 Like