Why are not all tests passed?

Hi there

I have completed the pomodoro clock (or 25 + 5 clock) challenge. I believe my code performs all of the required user stories but for some reason the test suite doesn’t detect that. What could I do?

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a 25 + 5 Clock

Link to the challenge:

Look at the error messages a lot of them are issues with the time format. The timeFormatter isn’t meant for use with the Break/Session lengths, I would also suggest you move the function definition out of the render method.

You seem to be using code from the example project, which I wouldn’t suggest doing.

Best case scenario, but still bad. You are using code you didn’t write which makes it harder for you to understand and use correctly. Worst case scenario, it may be seen as a violation of the Academic Honesty Policy.

Getting some inspiration and borrowing a little code isn’t the end of the world, but you should be careful how you do it.

Hi lasjorg

Thanks for your response, it was very useful

I made some minor changes to the code concerning Break/Session lengths and the timeFormatter following your suggestions. There are still, however, 4 tests out of the 29 that I am unable to pass even though they are clearly being passed if checked visually - e.g. one of the unpassed tests is: "break length cannot be = or less than 0, and my pomodoro clock doesn’t allow the break length to be = or less than 0.

Any advice?

When i use the site, it allows me to decrease break length to 0, which would be equal to or less than 0.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.