Why can't I access my challenge anymore?

Why can't I access my challenge anymore?

When I look at my progress table, they just show me the view solution button. Anybody knows how to fix this?

“View solution” will take you to the challenge.

View solution apparently shows a dialogue with the solution which passed the test. I didn’t notice this feature the last time I checked my progress. It’s neat.

To actually reach the challenge you can select it from the map, and alter the code at will from there.

I hadn’t noticed that they’d changed the “View solution” functionality when the fixed the security hole.

I think it would be nice if you could click on the challenge name from the profile and it links to the challenge, instead of having to go to the Map. That should be an easy fix.

Didn’t know I have been using it wrong all this time. Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile:

I believe that is the way it used to be before they patched it.

I am not 100% sure, but I was thinking, instead of a simple link like https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/challenge-name (which is what I propose), the old version had the above link with a super long querystring attached to it with user’s current code.

I am not sure what security risk there would be, because clicking on the link I propose above would just take me to my own challenge code (in the browser’s cache) if I am not mistaken.