Why is freecodecamp cheating on me

sorry but i will be moving to w3, goodbye freecodecamp!

I don’t aee any other topic from you, maybe try again?

when you ask for help about code, you need to include the code you are asking about

1 Like

100% this. We are happy to help you fix your code, but we can’t help if you don’t show us your code.

Well, I published it with notepad, then I deleted it! And the enter thing didn’t work when I was making a login thing, it would be completely impossible to go to a homepage!

but iremember the code here it is:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<h2>Welcome to this website, User!<h2>
<br>
<br>
<h3>Login<h3>

(SOME LOGIN THINGS THAT SOME PARTS I DONT REMEMBER)

<button type="submit" placeholder="Enter" <a href="file:?>???????"?></button>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>2020 Copyright Company Inc.<p>
</html>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

i know hello world so stop showing the hello world.

That post shows you how to correctly format your posts so that others can read your code.

and the html subjects were in correct order, but the challenges weren’t

Can you please explain what you mean by this? I’m afraid I don’t understand what you’re saying.

you have some syntax issues, you can pass your code in the validator I linked above

also to implement a login you need a backend, I suggest you continue with the certificates so you can learn how to do that

1 Like

I know what the challenges are. I don’t understand what

the html subjects were in correct order, but the challenges weren’t

means

how was there syntax issues(some things i didn’t display because i forgot them.)

You aren’t using closing tags correctly, for example.

<h2>Welcome to this website, User!</h2>

your button is missing the >

you are missing the body element to contain the elements to display on the page

also you have same issue as reported by Jeremy above on your p tag

1 Like

@User666

Yes, we can all remember how confusing this all is. And making the transition from doing a challenge to building an actual “real” web page is certainly difficult.

I might suggest a few things. First of all, keep it simple. I see that there are several errors here. That can be very confusing in the beginning. I would recommend just building a simple hello world page. Once that works, just add one thing and test it.

The other thing is that while notepad is a fine basic editor, you may want to look into something a little more geared towards coding. Notepad++ is a little more in that direction, but you might also want to skip to something like VS Code or Atom - they are very powerful and have plugins that can catch mistakes like these. In the “real” world of coding, you’re much more likely to use an editor like those - they are really helpful.

You mentioned W3 - by all means if you feel like you need to learn something a little better, then find other sources. I used to look up youtube videos when something stumped me. FCC is not perfect and is not comprehensive. It’s free, it’s based on hard-working volunteers, and it is slowly improving. But it can’t be comprehensive and there will always be little things here and there that some people need to explore more deeply.

As I said, making the transition to building local sites is tough. I might suggest looking up youtube videos to see others doing it. It’s one of those things - it’s weird and confusing until it “clicks”.

4 Likes

Well I am lucky that I joined w3 and have no confusion.

And I was using the syntax learnt.

Oh I didn’t do body element back then.

Okay just forget now, I learnt CSS thanks to w3.