Why is the css on my website different than my localhost?

Hello everyone, I am having an issue and I’m not sure why.
I have been working on my portfolio a while and I just recently put a live version on my website. The problem is that several different features that were working fine on my localhost version are not showing up on my live version.
This is on my localhost

And this is the live version

Notice the size of the font. several other areas are different too.
Is there something I am missing with my build? I am running npm run build and putting the files on my cpanel but there are minor differences.
Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Hello~!

Are you using the VSCode Live Server extension to run this, by chance? Or are you using the node console directly?

I’d double check that your browser zoom level isn’t changed when you run the development version (I remember another user having this issue not too long ago).

I am using the standard create-react-app and viewing it with npm start. I do have the live server plugin but I haven’t used it in a while. Let me check.

My live sever has been off, thanks for your input though!

I would still double check your zoom level, if you have not already.

If you had changed it when viewing a different app on localhost, your browser usually saves that setting and will load it on any localhost app. :slight_smile:

No it’s not the zoom level. They’re the same, and the css on other pages such as a glowing rainbow border effect also looks much different

another example