Why it turns out to be wrong?

I’ve added the “author” key already, why it turns out to be wrong , the following is my link:

Your project link(s)

solution: boilerplate-npm - Replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36

Challenge: How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

Hey there :slightly_smiling_face:

The code looks valid and it seems to work for me. Are you submitting the right link?
There’s a difference between the projects link and the live apps. The project would be what you posted above but the live app would be:

https://boilerplate-npm.raymondguo007.repl.co/

Also note that you need your app to be running for it to work.

1 Like

Yes, this is the point I’ve been confused, I tried with my Github link: boilerplate-npm/package.json at gomix · RaymondGuo007/boilerplate-npm · GitHub
it turns out “package.json should have a valid “author” key” too.

Have you tried running your repl and then using the link I posted?

I don’t think you can use a github repository link, I’m pretty sure the test has to have your code running on a server.

1 Like

Wow, amazing, how does it work?

1 Like

Basically they gave you all the code needed to host a website. You pasted that into a repl and then modified the file. Then you started the website.

When you paste in the url, FCC is making a request to your website for that file, then it checks if you made the right changes.

At least that’s my guess based on my limited knowledge of websites and how FCC works :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.