Wikipedia viewer issues. Page functional a few months ago but doesn't work now

Hi Guys,

So I completed my front end developer certificate a few months ago and have just started to upload my projects to my git hub account. When I was doing this I noticed my Wikipedia was no longer functional. It was working fine a few months ago .

I’ve been having a hard time trying to find the issue. It seems to be different from different browsers. On Safari the API does not return the request when called and on Chrome the API returns the request but then intermittently doesn’t show() / hide() (using jquery) the information once it has been parsed into HTML.

Could anybody help me with these issues?

Thanks

Have you looked at console yet?

Refused to display ‘https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNKb4vPW2-XNMz03qxlR0PCgs-295v-0YFpPs3UjN2YM7ovqpYPPAZ02S7OKGW5hA?key=TW80QUlXRmhBamlBOC1pS2lhSGhXb0JoTThNZDJ3&source=ctrlq.org’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘sameorigin’.

It probably has to do with chrome updates or api updates. I would google this error log.

Thanks.
I’ve checked that out but it doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’ll keep at it.

Thank you so much. That was it. There is no need to adjust the CSS but the anchor tags were the problem. I was concentrating on the JS and didn’t even bother looking into the HTML.

Yes, I see what you mean now. The anchor tags were not needed at all. Thanks.

1 Like