Will I get flagged for academic dishonesty

Hi guys I’ve done 4 out of 5 responsive web design projects I am very bad at designing so I’ve made projects exactly the same design and I also copied some stuff from projects like fonts and colors will I get flagged for academic dishonesty.

Rather than asking a broad question why not provide links to your projects.

The instructions tell you that your projects should be “functionally similar” to the sample and to “give it your own personal style”.

That said, the hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.
No one is good at designing. That’s not the purpose of doing the projects. The sample projects are just that, examples of one way the project can be completed.
The projects are not just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.

3 Likes

Here is the links to projects

It took 5 days to complete this 4 projects I had some hard time with it as its my first projects should I make these projects again from scratch or is it fine

tribute page

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
      Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • click here” is not accessible
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens

form

• Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
  • The form says age is optional yet the user is required to fill it in to continue. This is a bad UX.
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

prod landing

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
    • You learned to do this when coding the survey form
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
  • Probably not academic dishonesty but it is too similar to the sample project, right down to the font-family. Did you research how to include the font-awesome icons?

tech doc

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
  • Again, too much like the sample and many similarities between both codes.
    In programming circles, you’ll hear a lot of conversations regarding (technical) documentation in reference to explaining an API, a library, project contribution, etc. Reading and writing good documentation is an important skill and doing this project about a code related subject other than the sample gives you a good reason to go do some research about the tools you are learning to use.

The projects are meant to be hard. They are not just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gained from the incremental challenges.

You do need to correct the issues mentioned.
You won’t be called for academic dishonesty but you would have gained more by doing the projects from scratch and not replicating the samples.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.