Word Blanks concatenating strings to variables

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {
  // Your code below this line

var result = '"The dog" += myNoun + " was so big" += myAdjective + ", that it ran" += myVerb + " too quickly" += myAdverb + " into the ditch!"';

var result = "'The cat' += myNoun + 'is very little' += myAdjective + ' and the boy hit it' + myVerb += ' ever so slowly' += myAdverb!";

// Your code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");

wordBlanks("cat", "little", "hit", "slowly");
```Please, could someone clarify why my code keeps failing the test?
 Now what happens is that when I run the two separate results for wordBlanks on my editor, one of them fails the test, gets the X. However when I delete one of the options from the editor,  the remaining option is ticked as passed. This means that if I delete the result for wordBlanks("cat", "little", "hit", "slowly"); i get a tick for the remaining option: wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly"); However, when the two codes are displayed in the designated space, the wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");
fails! The same codes that had already passed! 
I've spent an entire day trying to unravel this problem and would appreciate the help!
Many thanks in advance for a timely response.```

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: `Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0`.

**Link to the challenge:**
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/word-blanks

This is all a big string, as everything is wrappen in single quotes. You are not actually using the variables.

Plus, don’t use += so much, that is still an assignment operator, it is not needed in the middle of the string you are building, as you already have the assignment operator at the beggining of the line

Last, don’t define twice the same variables, you need to build only one result string (also note that if you do it anyway, only last one will count as its value is overwritten each time)

You can put your code in this tool and see yourself what happens step after step: http://pythontutor.com/javascript.html

I am a total beginner and I trust you will bear with my slow pace? Could you please state what this assignment operator at the beginning of the line is?
The problem is that I have not been given the green light tick for that lesson and my understanding is that the program expects all the ticks for both wordBlank exercises to be achieved prior to advancing!

You need to give the correct answer for that

that’s correct

The assignment operator is =, what is to the right of it is assigned to the variable name at the left of it. If you use += it is a shorthand for addign what is to the right of it to the variable to its right
Example: myVar = myVar + 1 is the same as writing myVar += 1
You can use as many + in a statement as needed, but there should be only one assignment operator

Thank you! Issue has been resolved!