Hello everyone. I’d just finished my first responsive web design project. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some feedback on my tribute page. Thank you in advance.
I am reading it on a very wide screen and it is quite hard to read all the text.
perhaps you could limit the
tribute-info div width to say 80% of the viewport while keeping the text centered.
Welcome to the forums @krm379. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in the HTML editor. (No need to include the
bodytags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- In the CSS editor, click on the chevron icon and then click on ‘Format CSS’. It will make it much easier to read.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
This is a suggestion. You don’t have to incorporate it if you don’t want to.
It’s hard reading text that is not balanced. We read from left to right. When text is centered and not at the left it makes for a tiring experience trying to read.
Rather than aligning the paragraphs to the center see how much better a presentation it would be for the reader if it was left.
Thank you for your feedback. I will make further adjustments. I hope you could relook at my tribute page and let me know if it helped.
Thank you for your feedback. I will implement your suggestion.