Would love feedback on my first multipage website :)

Hi @ozanbaskan !

Could you maybe give a screenshot for an example?

For example, you have images like this in your page and buttons centered and white space around them. And as you can see there is a very short scrollbar.

I think all your content can be fitted in without a scrollbar. And that would be way nicer and practical.

Ok.

I am concerned about making changes and how it would look on mobile though.

Cause right now the spacing looks really good on mobile but I guess I will play around with it.

I wasn’t expected to make all of these changes today :laughing:

That was on Firefox 85.0, it seems to be an issue with max-width:fit-content.

As for the games, it leads me to this page (which I think is intended):

I was just confused because “play games” (plural) implies that I’ll get to a page with a list of games that I can choose from, and I thought I had found said list - in the pink footer.

I’d reorganise the page and make a separate “games” page that also appears in the main navigation, and move the list of games from “resources” to that “games” subpage (that’s just how I’d do it though, maybe you have a good reason that I don’t see for keeping the games under “resources”).

Oh I see.
I can have it say play a game instead of play games.
It might be weird to have a page with only two games listed on it which is why I grouped with in the resources section.

As for firefox, I am not hundred percent sure how to change that.
Do you have any idea?

I am struggling fitting all of the content without a scroll bar.
I can make the images smaller but I don’t know how to fit everything without completely redesigning the homepage.

Unless that was your suggestion to redesign the homepage.

If you consider this to be a serious project, I would strongly suggest that you redesign it.

Well, I appreciate your feedback.

Redesign of the website is going to take a lot of time.

Plus, I am not a designer so my skills are pretty limited.

I can do the best I can but redesigning a whole website is a lot.

Hopefully you understand that.
This will take a while to redo.

1 Like

Don’t you have six games (3 quizzes, a memory and A Day in the Life)? And anyway, you’ll surely expand that section when you bring your JS skills to mastery :smiley:

I’ve never used fit-content, if you check caniuse.com, the support is rather so-so.

A quick-and-easy fix would be to set .main to flex with flex-direction:column.

If you don’t want to mess with the .main container, you could also add a <span> inside the h2.main-title to hold the text and the background-colour, set it to inline-block, add some padding, and center it with text-align.

1 Like

Ok cool.
I’ll try that.

Thanks!

Hi @nomnomcookie !

I meant to respond to you earlier.

Thank you for your feedback!

I lessened the box shadow and changed the style for the footer links.

Are you referring to the footer links?

Hi @Cy499_Studios, @ozanbaskan, @jsdisco, @nomnomcookie, @cherylm, and @maryamjalal0409, @lowlevelcarrot!

I made a whole bunch of changes.

I tried to incorporate everyone’s suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to go through the site!

If you have any additional comments let me know. I’ll respond back later on today when I am back on the forum. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hey there @jwilkins.oboe !

Excellent work!

I like the modern design, even though it’s less flashy, it’s a lot more functional. I also like the way you streamlined the lists instead of each list having its own header, much less confusing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: .

Best,
Cy499_Studios

1 Like

Looks great!

I agree that the lessened box shadows looks better.

The only thing I have to add is that the logo does not have to be a link at all.

I just looked at your repo to try to figure out how to create a multipage site. It looks like you have an index.html for your homepage. And each section has its own html page. And the css is for all the pages is one file. Is that right? Did you use Github pages to host it? Just thinking down the road I might want to create something of my own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess the only other option would be to use a span tag.
I would prefer to keep it the way it is though.

Is there a reason why it shouldn’t be a link?

That is usually used to signify the homepage.

I do have a css file for the composers landing page. But otherwise it is just one main file.

Yes, with a custom domain from bluehost.

Wow All Around My Sister.
I really felt this :

Made me remember how fortunate we are to be Black in the 21Century, I love education and it really hit home when I couldn’t access even a fake school just beacuse of my skin tone. Good Job Again on the code and the colours do pop out in a super girly fashion :smiley: but yes the functionality is good too it shows you took the time…#Inspired

1 Like

Only because you already have a link to the home page.

1 Like

So awesome. I hope to be able to do that some day, well done.
I’m using iPhone 11
14.0.1 runs smooth

1 Like

I removed the link for the logo.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @spankrius !

Welcome to the forum!

I am glad you like it.

1 Like