Would love some feedback on my portfolio

So I spent the last few days finishing up my portfolio project and would love to get some feedback. This is still very much a work in progress and isn’t ‘officially done’, but I was eager to continue working through FCC so I could continue learning, and building new projects.

Sidenote: I was going to make the form work but was not sure if eventually thats covered, I found many great tutorials on adding functionality to a form but wanted to wait since it isn’t fully ready yet.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback, it was a lot of fun to build.

Portfolio

2 Likes

Weel done! You should only change some font sizes: the about section text is a bit too big on small screen devices, whereas the copyright/built text is really too small.

Looks wonderful! Few points:

• “availiable” in the About section.
  • When you scroll to Work from the navbar the title Work is half cut off at the top of the screen. And on a small screen the navbar is covering the Work title.
  • With the collapsible navbar, maybe make it collapse once you’ve clicked one of the items?
  • The connect button in the contact section overflows the orange box.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. After looking more closely you’re right, about text was to large, I took it down to 2em, and when the screen width is less than 767px it drops to 1.5em. Definitely flows better and doesn’t stand out as much. Let me know what you think.

I always misspell that word…lol. Thanks for taking the time to look at it, and to point out some UX issues. I added some code that automatically closes the navbar when an anchor it clicked (much better), I also added a little more offset to the scroll so it stops before it reaches the top of the target div. As far as the connect button I couldn’t reproduce the overflow you mentioned, what device/screen-size did you notice this on? Thanks again!

Well you’ve done something right because it’s fixed now. Looks great!

Now it looks great on all devices. I forgot to point it out in the previous post, but to improve the accessibility of your page you should avoid centrally aligned text for long paragraphs.

Really beautiful, nice layout, short and to the point. Nice one.
One detailette – ComMing soon has 1 m too many
:slight_smile: