XD Anyone else sped through the 1st certificate to then have no clue what to do on the projects?

Anyone else had this experience? I did fly through the work and really enjoyed it. Addictive!
But then I hit the projects and I have no idea what is going on.
I’m on it though, learning how to use CodePen which is really cool and also going back through the previous work.
Just wondered. I’m guessing/hoping I’m not the only one.

1 Like

That is a danger, since the tutorials are gamified and very sparse on repetition, and then you get slammed with having to somehow remember all the requirements at once at the end.

I think the way most people deal with it is just going back like you said, and also–google is your friend. If you’re like me, you end up spending 70% of the time on Stack Overflow or the MDN docs, 5% on W3Schools, 10% on random blogs, 15% of the time coding!

So yeah, normal…

2 Likes

Absolutely same here! And while Cactuswren is right in the first part of the response, but i don’t even know what stack overflow or MDN docs are. I did just discover W3Schools, and glad to hear it’s normal! Good luck guys!

1 Like

Phew, okay, not just me then.
I’m making my way through revising it all now.
So much easier 2nd time around.
Some of it must have sank in!

Awesome tips! thanks.

Totally agree about searching for things.

W3 schools is great, good phone app too. Same with GitHub. Khan Academy is very good . Focused more at kids but V good none the less. Have also been looking through some computer science GCSE past papers just to see what is going on there.

I’ve even found myself watching Youtube videos on coding, where I would normally watch a show.

FreeCodeCamp is my fave by far though.

Anyway, thanks for response. good to know I’m not alone in that experience.

I’d not heard of MDN docs but atm I don’t use Mozilla so possibly why.
Just earned my first badge on Stack Overflow!

There really are a ton of resources out there. I think there are also a lot of people offering crappy courses and charging a lot of money for it. It’s a bit like if you’ve ever looked into financial trading or FBA where you then start getting tons of adverts offering “free” courses in order to get your email, which they then bombard with paid course offers.

So happy to have found this site though.

I use the MDN docs every day. You probably will too–just wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Especially when you hit the javascript section. I had a second tab open with MDN when I went through the algorithm sections and final projects. :smile:

1 Like

yes, FCC has much more better learning environment, but the tutorials difficulty to project difficulty margin is big. So check out how others have solved, go through it. Keep the user stories tab open always, and google. however once you get a few things together, you move through the projects much quicker.