"You appear to be offline"

I’ve looked through a bunch of past forum posts and it seems I’m not the only one to have this issue, but the common fixes aren’t working for me. The website keeps saying I’m offline and isn’t saving any of my progress, but I am definitely online. I’m using chrome on Kubuntu, and I’ve already tried deleting my browsing data and disabling all of my extensions, and I don’t have a vpn. I don’t know what to do, please help!

I am having the same issue using Safari. Did you ever find a solution?

1 Like

Same issue. I can’t even change anything in settings. It works on my phone though. Did you find any fix @Leglaine?

Check You using Firefox with win.
I am using Firefox with win.
It is good

Check You internet speed

I have been seeing this same issue while using Safari on the latest version of macOS Catalina. Has anyone found a fix for it other than using a different browser?

1 Like

@dtwilliams10
There only a one ways other than trying different browser.
That is disable all you extension and ad blocker.
If this didn’t work then there no ways you have to change the browser.

Hope this help.
Thanks,
Codely.

Hey @dtwilliams10 Welcome back to the forum. It’s been a while since I’ve seen you here. Are you still experiencing this connectivity message?

1 Like

Hi @QuincyLarson! Yes, I was experiencing this issue over the last weekend.

1 Like

maybe this?

Hi Quincy, I’m using Safari 14.0.1 on macOS Big Sur and am having the same issues with connectivity (and memory usage) as @dtwilliams10 and @Leglaine.

I’ve moved to Chrome in the meanwhile but as an Apple user would prefer to use Safari.

Hi @SunnySinghLDN, sorry for the inconvenience.

I would suggest you to create a GitHub issue here so that the team can keep track of the issue more easily.

Is there a response to this? It’s really pointless taking a course if we aren’t logged in and our progress isn’t being recorded. It doesn’t instil a lot of confidence that a code course isn’t accepting logins. I’m using Safari on Big Sur. Is it possible that the browser is blocking access to the site due to privacy concerns?

As far as I’m aware, we have no issues on the server side preventing logins. Did switching to Chrome work for you? What debugging steps have you completed so far?