Your Perfect Mountaintop Supervillain Lair

Hello,

Can you offer me feedback on my RWD Survey Project please?

https://codepen.io/igorgetmeabrain/full/dyMRJVG

Many thanks!

HI @igorgetmeabrain !

I think your page looks good.

The text for me is a little hard to read. Especially for smaller screens.

You might look into messing around wit the letter spacing or choosing a different font.

You’ve improved it @igorgetmeabrain. Some things to revisit;

• As previously mentioned, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Echoing that text is hard to read on smaller screens. This was previously noted by me when I first gave feedback on this pen.

This second point you don’t have to fix but you should be aware that not everyone accesses the web via a desktop or laptop any longer. You’ll want to make your page accessible to everyone.

Yes, I really should have fixed that! I’m really not good on the design side of things. I think my strengths may lie more in the algorithmic stuff…
I’ve changed the font which definitely improves the readability, though perhaps not the most exciting choice of font. Better?

1 Like

Thanks Roma, I thought I’d removed all the extraneous
tags, but I’ve removed some more now. Also hopefully improved readability of text with different font.
Finally, though I’m in the (possibly bad) habit of designing ‘desktop-first’, I try to use my media queries to make the page work for all users, testing against standard phone screen sizes etc. but I’ve tweaked my queries again to see if I can improve…
Any better?

1 Like

I like it :grinning:

I feel like most developers fall into this category. So you are in good company.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.