Lets say there’s a job post to maintain and add features to a bespoke, modern, e-commerce platform with support for web, iOS and android.
- What things would you like to see that makes you comfortable and happy?
- What technologies would you like to see being used for each part (front end, backend, database etc)?
- How would you like it structured? (vague question but feel free to answer)
I will outline a few obvious areas just to start off:
- Good documentation
- Effortless to download a local copy and run it locally (downloading via git/bitbucket etc)
- It is modularised so that you can tap into API + the API is well documented
- Code is commented throughout
- Existing code is clean, consistent and efficient so low number of lines of code
Thanks a lot.