Curriculum and its impact

What is the best advice you can tell to keep on my self-discipline?

1 Like

Develop a daily schedule of coding a few hours a day, follow a regiment of practice and stick with it. Make sure to be constantly reading code books, working on side projects and doing leetcode. The main thing is consistency. Lots and lots of consistency is key here. No amount of info will help you if you donā€™t have this ability.

2 Likes

self-discipline = is just thatā€¦ disciplining yourself. Holding yourself accountable. someone who does their daily rakats displays self-discipline. someone who skips them lacks it. someone who does atleast 1 freecode camp lesson a day has itā€¦ someone who does it just when they feel like it lacks self disciplineā€¦ insha allahā€¦ youā€™ll have high level of self discipline.

2 Likes

100% even if you can only do a little code per day. You need to be tinkering with some interesting coding ideas, writing out some cool code, coming up with projects and recognize itā€™s an ongoing learning process. The key word is CONSISTENCY.

1 Like

@EDGE2 @snovacain thanks a lot guys
You were so helpful and encouraging :white_heart:

1 Like

One thing I remember, when I was younger was always falling asleep in class. I fell asleep so much so, my teach brought a pillow into class and left it on my desk because it was a norm. Also, side noteā€¦ i snore, so i would snore wake up and everyone was looking at meā€¦ I noticed onlineā€¦ when i get bored i can speed it up, if i dont understand i can slow it down, pause stop, research more, get a deeper understanding, take a break if frustrated, move to other topic ectā€¦ but continue learning in the way that I learn suited to my learning style, which Iā€™m starting to develop with the help of scrimba and freecode camp Iā€™m starting to learn how to learnā€¦

1 Like

basically, I have yet to fall asleep while learning via codewars, scrimba, and freecodecampā€¦ i fell asleep in udemy though lolā€¦ also, i play videos in scrimba at like 1.4 speed lolā€¦ and i noticed that i think teachers talked too slow when i was youngerā€¦ also, many of my friends say I talk really fastā€¦ lolā€¦ I like stuff fast ā€¦ except carsā€¦ i like slow cars, well efficient like the apteraā€¦

1 Like

Thanks a lot
Iā€™ll try my best, use the forum and talk to you guys encourage me to do it.

2 Likes

Trying to study CS50ā€™s introduction to computer science along with revising HTML part from freecodecamp
Sometimes I feel down, But I tried to to communicate with some people who are willing to learning coding like me
Actually talking with people studying same subject encourage me to do it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.