I got a job as a remote fullstack developer!

@Selhar1
your information you have shared is really great. thanks so much for sharing these tips. and best wishes.
I have a question please
I think your native language is Spanish, so the companies you worked for asked you any English certificates or perfect English is a must?
and many thanks in advance

1 Like

I speak portuguese-brazilian. And american companies did expect me to carry out a conversation, but often times they don’t mind accents or small mistakes, as long as they can understand you.

Currently i’m working for a Brazilian company, so that isn’t an issue anymore, but even when dealing with american clients they don’t expect you to speak english perfectly, most people are understandable and as long as you can carry out a conversation, it’s all fine.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your insights!

@Selhar1
Thanks so much for the helpful reply. what has made me disappointed is 99% of the jobs I have browsed specially remote jobs asking about well written and spoken English.

For those still looking for remote developer jobs https://workfromhomejobs.me/remote-developer-jobs/ might be worth having a look at.

Looks like it aggregates from stackoverflow, github, remoteok, weworkremotely and a few others…

Personally using it to stay up to date on new postings instead of getting spammed via email from all the different sites.

Thanks for sharing your experience. :point_up:
I agree with you about
fake 'til you make it. I don’t like to lie /exaggerate in my resume regarding experience.

Thanks for the suggestion. :smiley:

Hi @Selhar1. I read your post on how you got your first job and how you did it. Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your story. I am in a similar boat and I hope you can give me some advice on it. I’m also thinking of learning through OSSU. I recently posted a topic called Advice for an average developer. It would be great if you or anyone else can share their advice on it. Thanks

1 Like