It says i should change console.log(); to get the SENTENCE variable, which I did. Am I missing something?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

function printManyTimes(str) {
  "use strict";

// change code below this line

const SENTENCE = str + " is cool!";
  for(let i = 0; i < str.length; i+=2) {
    console.log(SENTENCE);
  }

// change code above this line

}
printManyTimes("freeCodeCamp");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/declare-a-read-only-variable-with-the-const-keyword

I’m not sure, please correct me(and remove my reply) if I’m wrong.

As I checked the validation logic with the source code, seems the regex used to test the source code is not valid.

The expected logical answer could be as following(just like @akalo did)

function printManyTimes(str) {
  "use strict";

// change code below this line

const SENTENCE = str + " is cool!";
  for(let i = 0; i < str.length; i+=2) {
    console.log(SENTENCE);
  }

// change code above this line

}
printManyTimes("freeCodeCamp");

The last check fails, and this is the error(I’m on chrome 67 desktop)

// running test
Unexpected token ?
// tests completed

I just tried to dive into source codes and found the script for checking the user input, seems it’s the one as following

webpackJsonp([200374151356091], {

/***/
    3940: /***/
    (function(module, exports) {

module.exports = {
            "data": {
                "challengeNode": {
                    "title": "Declare a Read-Only Variable with the const Keyword",
                    "guideUrl": null,
                    "description": ["<code>let</code> is not the only new way to declare variables. In ES6, you can also declare variables using the <code>const</code> keyword.", "<code>const</code> has all the awesome features that <code>let</code> has, with the added bonus that variables declared using <code>const</code> are read-only. They are a constant value, which means that once a variable is assigned with <code>const</code>, it cannot be reassigned.", "<blockquote>\"use strict\"<br>const FAV_PET = \"Cats\";<br>FAV_PET = \"Dogs\"; // returns error</blockquote>", "As you can see, trying to reassign a variable declared with <code>const</code> will throw an error. You should always name variables you don't want to reassign using the <code>const</code> keyword. This helps when you accidentally attempt to reassign a variable that is meant to stay constant. A common practice when naming constants is to use all uppercase letters, with words separated by an underscore.", "<hr>", "Change the code so that all variables are declared using <code>let</code> or <code>const</code>. Use <code>let</code> when you want the variable to change, and <code>const</code> when you want the variable to remain constant. Also, rename variables declared with <code>const</code> to conform to common practices, meaning constants should be in all caps."],
                    "challengeType": 1,
                    "fields": {
                        "blockName": "ES6",
                        "tests": [{
                            "text": "<code>var</code> does not exist in your code.",
                            "testString": "getUserInput => assert(!getUserInput('index').match(/var/g),'<code>var</code> does not exist in your code.');"
                        }, {
                            "text": "<code>SENTENCE</code> should be a constant variable declared with <code>const</code>.",
                            "testString": "getUserInput => assert(getUserInput('index').match(/(const SENTENCE)/g), '<code>SENTENCE</code> should be a constant variable declared with <code>const</code>.');"
                        }, {
                            "text": "<code>i</code> should be declared with <code>let</code>.",
                            "testString": "getUserInput => assert(getUserInput('index').match(/(let i)/g), '<code>i</code> should be declared with <code>let</code>.');"
                        }, {
                            "text": "<code>console.log</code> should be changed to print the <code>SENTENCE</code> variable.",
                            "testString": "getUserInput => assert(getUserInput('index').match(/console.log/(/s*?SENTENCE/s*?/)/s*?;/g), '<code>console.log</code> should be adjusted to print the variable <code>SENTENCE</code>.');"
                        }]
                    },
                    "required": [],
                    "files": {
                        "indexhtml": null,
                        "indexjs": {
                            "key": "indexjs",
                            "ext": "js",
                            "name": "index",
                            "contents": "function printManyTimes(str) {\n  \"use strict\";\n\n  // change code below this line\n\n  var sentence = str + \" is cool!\";\n  for(var i = 0; i < str.length; i+=2) {\n    console.log(sentence);\n  }\n\n  // change code above this line\n\n}\nprintManyTimes(\"freeCodeCamp\");",
                            "head": "",
                            "tail": ""
                        },
                        "indexjsx": null
                    }
                }
            },
            "pathContext": {
                "challengeMeta": {
                    "introPath": "",
                    "template": null,
                    "required": [],
                    "nextChallengePath": "/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/mutate-an-array-declared-with-const",
                    "id": "587d7b87367417b2b2512b41"
                },
                "slug": "/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/es6/declare-a-read-only-variable-with-the-const-keyword"
            }
        }

/***/
    }
    )

});

// WEBPACK FOOTER //
// path---javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures-es-6-declare-a-read-only-variable-with-the-const-keyword-c332abf4782735eb34ea.js

If you check the last test(“console.log should be changed to print the SENTENCE variable.”) logic, it’s a typo. (lines 26,27) as following:

{
 "text": "<code>console.log</code> should be changed to print the <code>SENTENCE</code> variable.",
 "testString": "getUserInput => assert(getUserInput('index').match(/console.log/(/s*?SENTENCE/s*?/)/s*?;/g), '<code>console.log</code> should be adjusted to print the variable <code>SENTENCE</code>.');"
                        }

Note the regex pattern is not valid?! the regex is

/console.log/(/s*?SENTENCE/s*?/)/s*?;/g

shouldn’t be just like

/console.log\(\s*?SENTENCE\s*?\)\s*?;/g

(maybe typo / instead of \)

Hope I got it right.

Thanks.

EDIT:

With some help of @camperextraordinaire, here is the already opened issue in github issue tracking. Sorry for mentioning, I thought I was the first one get the issue.