My Portfolio by Josue Guerrero

Hello everyone, here’s the portfolio I made today. I know it’s pretty simple, I want to add some more functionality to it, but for now hope you enjoy it, if there are any tips or things you think I could do better please let me know.

2 Likes

Very elegant! :+1:

I would say summarize the introduction a bit and give more details about the skills and tools you can use.

1 Like

@Yiosh Great work! I like that you’re hosting the site on GitHub Pages, that you only used native HTML and CSS, your HTML structure is valid, and you’re using HTML5 semantic elements. I also like your font choice. :slight_smile: Here are some thoughts for improvements:

• Looks like you accidentally left in some Git merge conflict text on lines 137 and 141. That’s probably a common mistake (I can see myself making that mistake more than once in the near future), however it shows that you’re using and understanding version control.

• I see that you have two <h1> heading elements within the same section. Generally, it’s best to only have on <h1> per page (Source):

• Heading information may be used by user agents, for example, to construct a table of contents for a document automatically.

• Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size: use the CSS font-size property instead.

• Avoid skipping heading levels: always start from <h1>, next use <h2> and so on.

• You should consider avoiding using <h1> more than once on a page. See “Defining sections” in Using HTML sections and outlines for more information.

• You may want to add the following script just before your </body> tag in order to see how the page does with the FCC Beta test for this project:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://gitcdn.link/repo/freeCodeCamp/testable-projects-fcc/master/build/bundle.js"></script>

• As @Diego_Perez correctly points out, there’s a vulnerability visitors are open to when using target="_blank" and a relatively easy fix:

You’re using relatively complex CSS selectors, so that shows you have a strong understanding of CSS. I learned from them. I also learned about <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">. Thanks for sharing! :sunny:

EDIT: I noticed some of your CSS uses a naming convention that’s also used by BEM. Is that intentional or coincidental? I don’t know anything about BEM, but I’m curious to know if that’s the CSS methodology you’re using.