The Essential Web Developer Course (Free)

It’d be cool to have a pinned post of some kind, with different resources based on how they present their materials.

Personally, the FreeCodeCamp/Codecademy model is my favourite, but I do at times prefer video learning. I also have been enjoying working through the “Learn Python The Hard Way” book. Spicing things up with different methods of learning helps keeps things interesting, and also reinforces what I already know in different settings.

1 Like

Calculus class finally over… A- , I’ll take it!
Heading right back to the tutorial after working the weekend.

Thank you guys for sharing the Upskill links. I’m done with 29% percent of the tutorial and like so many of you I’m also worried about Ruby for the backend but being a newbie and this being my first frontend and backend tutorial I’m not complaining.
Looking forward to learning and sharing with you on this media. Cheers!

Looks like a fantastic resource. Just a shame they are teaching Ruby, which is a pretty niche language in my country.

Almost 70%, got to deploy to Heroku. This is just the first deploy, many more features to come.
If you want to see what it looks like, here is my link
https://guarded-fortress-64336.herokuapp.com/
And the source on my GitHub account…

I am currently working in the contact_form branch, should be merging again with the master branch in the next few lessons.
If nothing else, you get to learn Git and GitHub! I am going to rewatch the videos just to take notes when done.
If this Rob Dey had a tutorial for JavaScript, I might make a ton more progress on FCC !

Still have to figure out why the pages are not responsive.
New problem, videos missing after lesson #94. (Solved, was a browser issue … adobe flash)

It’s a good course if you want to get the basics of full stack apps using Ruby on Rails. Just note that the last stage says “more content coming soon” and i know that it hasn’t been updated since i completed it back in April

1 Like

yes, abosolutely fantastic!
this plus Colt Steele and Anthony Alicea’s courses is all I need. Plus, the coding interview bootcamp + contibuting to open source projects.
CHECK OUT CODING INTERVIEW BOOTCAMP ON uDEMY AND tell me what you think

sorry caps!

thanks for the link, i will check their css section because i wish fcc gave us more theory on it

This is a good course . I also completed it in Dec 2017.