Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

Hi everyone,

My name is David and I’ve only been learning to code for a few weeks now. I graduated from a decent university with a degree that hasn’t proven to be very useful, so now I’m trying my hand at web development. I think it will give me a creative outlet to try new ideas while also employing my logical side. So far I’ve been dabbling in several free online methods of learning code, including Upskill, Codecademy, and FCC. Because I’m in a mountain of debt, free courses are just about all I can afford at the moment, but if anyone has any ideas for ways I can get a job faster, I’d love to hear it! Thanks!

Hello World! I am an economics professor in the United States. I am learning to code because it is such an important skill to have and, best of all, it’s fun and exciting! So car, I have been learning to code in R for data analysis purposes, but I am now ready to expand my horizons.

My name is Sebastian Merlo, I’m an ABAP programmer since 1998, now SAP uses SAPUI5 java script libraries, so I want to learn more about it

Hi, I’m Mary. I’m learning to code because I want to get a job as a web developer. So far I’ve been learning using Free Code Camp, and I just got a HTML/CSS book also.

Hello, I’m Megan. I’m already employed full-time as a coder but I’m checking out freeCodeCamp because I read a lot of their articles on Medium already and would like to be able to recommend it as a way for my friends to teach themselves how to code.

Hi Travis! I was an ESL teacher in Spain before I became a full-time web developer. My coworker is a former ESL teacher in Japan. You can do it! Best of luck!

1 Like

Hello everyone, My name is Swauny and I’m hoping to see how far studying various coding languages can take me. I guess my goal is to just learn different ways to make design interactive. I feel that’s what would be most fun for me. So far I’ve tried a few courses on Edx and Udemy in HTML/CSS and am starting to meddle with JavaScript (god bless my soul) LOL!! Looking forward to what I can learn from the community here.

Ciao

Hi all! I’m following through the challenges like the rest of you - currently work as a management consultant (don’t hold it against me) and have always wanted to learn how to code to be able to translate product ideas and things that I’ve wanted to do into actuality. I’ve been looking for a great site and community to build tangible skills and a portfolio - so far, so good!

Jimmy

Hello,

I’m a designer, and I’m learning code because it can solve a lot of problem in my job.

Hi Campers,

I’m GRICCI. I’m a web programer in Colombia.

I’m learning to code to reforce my knowledge

Hello everyone! so far i have been learning to code wherever i could and however i could until i learned of freecodecamp where i can have a actual certification to hopefully be able to get into the field that i would love to make a career in!

Hi ! I am Shifat… I am a 12 class student in bangladesh… i am learning code for my bright life… i love coding… Its fun to do…

Hello everybody

I’m George, i’m from Puerto Rico and i’m learning programming to be employable if i’m honest, but I really enjoy coding a lot so I guess that’s a plus. I was studying computer engineering but I decided to take a break of it because the stress was killing me and I don’t really know if I want to continue through that route. Anyways i’m really enjoying the whole process of teaching my-self coding.

Cheers
George

Hello,

I’m a designer, and I’m learning code because it can solve a lot of problem in my job.

Hello everyone!

I’m currently a 20 yr. old CS student who’s looking to learn and work with a few other programming languages (my college work mainly involves Java and C/C++/C# as well as some web development).

I have been coding on and off for about 3 years.

Hi All,

My name is Shalyn.

I am a tech support pro out of Seattle. I have held Tier 2 roles at companies such as Apple and DocuSign. I have also worked management at a San Francisco start up.

I am learning to code because I have always had a passion for development but did not have the confidence (or time) to learn. I want to advance my career, hopefully at my current company and also get into some freelance work.

So far I have used freecodecamp, books and Youtube videos to learn to code. For the first time ever I actually understand what I am doing and put in several hours of coding a day.

My goal is to earn my Front End certificate no later than October and completing Full Stack by May.

Hello, I’m Lucio Gutierrez, from Mexico City.
I live with my wife and our 8 month-old baby boy.
I already have some web development experience. I’ve made websites, with some JavaScript and PHP, but really my knowledge is still basic. I’m studying Computing Engineering in a Mexican university, and I think I’ll be getting my degree about the same time I finish with the FreeCodeCamp program, that is, in about one or two years.
I want to take this program because I want to make a living as a programmer. Currently I’m a car salesman, but I think I can make more money and do something I like more.
I’d like to meet friends here who have more or less the same progress in FreeCodeCamp as myself. I just finished with HTML and CSS. I believe this path could get lonely, and it would be nice to be able to have a couple of friends who are doing the same thing to chat from time to time.
Thanks for reading!

Hello everyone!

I am a Ukrainian currently living in Canada, but soon to be relocating back to Ukraine because of my new job that has nothing to do with web development :slight_smile:
I have only become interested in coding literally a few months ago, but I have really been enjoying the learning process to my own surprise.
Regardless of my new job, I am determined to go on with my coding studies because this is the way I spend my leisure time these days.
I hope we’ll be able to communicate through this forum and discuss many interesting coding tips and tricks.
I am really glad that I found this resource and I am looking forward to joining all of you here.

Hello everyone. My name is Alex, I’m 20 yrs old. I want to learn coding to get a job in software development. I took a 2 semester course leaning java and java data structures. Whats up everyone!!

Hi!

I started learning to code in college, mostly in Java. Looking to expand my knowledge into full stack development. Love seeing the eclectic group of people on this page!