What do you think of my navigation bar?

Thanks, I guess I was just playing dumb or something about that. After you said about that, I realized how stupidly easy it is to put it in the navbar.

1 Like

Hahaha your good. I was puzzled at first by what was going on the css issue. Glad that was fixed with one simple switch in codepen :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sure where I would put that code, but I’ll figure it out. Hey any suggestions on how far apart to put the Facebook logo from links? I see that some pages have it further away from the internal page links, while others have it closer.

Oh and how do I move the site name and links closer to the left?

1 Like

Hey, just a few suggestions:

• When in narrow view, the hamburger icon is on the right but yet the ‘Lawton Drum Co.’ link comes before it in the tab order. I think when people are tabbing through it they will expect to tab to ‘Lawton Drum Co.’ first and then the hamburger icon.
  • There is no keyboard focus indicator on the hamburger icon.
  • When I click on the hamburger icon to show the menu and then click on it again to hide it and them widen my browser, the hamburger icon disappears but the nav links do not reappear.
  • When I am in wide view so that the nav links are showing, as I increase the text size the nav links start to drift off the right side of the page and I get a horizontal scroll bar. This can be easily fixed if you use em units for your break point instead of px.
1 Like

Thanks for the insight. How would I go about changing for px to em?

1 Like

You can ballpark the figure by dividing the px width by 16, and then make adjustments from there.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Oh and for the Lawton Drum Co link, it’s not a link, but a placeholder until I get the photo of the logo uploaded

1 Like

I kind of like the facebook icon next to the links. But you could experiment with creating a sticky social bar if you want to add more social media icons.

Not entirely sure, but maybe you could messing around with the margins a little bit.

1 Like