My Portfolio Project - Feedback Please

Thank you Gunjan very much!

I haven’t thought about giving a more detailed description of my projects on the back of my flipping images. I’ll do it.

I’ll also use a contact form instead of mailto b/c i didn’t know spammers can attack easily attack it.

About section wasn’t on the sample portfolio and that’s why i thought it wasn’t that important but i do have an about page on my other portfolio which is among my projects given on this portfolio.

I really appreciate for taking the time to give me full feedback on my project, sir.

If i’m not mistake you’re in the USA, when i get there, a big party is on me sir! Thank you so much!

Glad to help.
I’m from England and I’m living in China.

You’re totally welcome!

I love it!

I’m working on my portfolio site for FCC and I’m totally going to do the same thing you did by linking my real portfolio to the FCC portfolio.

1 Like

Nice to meet you mate aaand Ni hao!

1 Like

thank you Tyler,

If you link your real portfolio to your FCC portfolio, you can keep working on your FCC portfolio to make it look better.

Good luck on your FCC adventure!

1 Like

I agree with the guy who suggested you use an email form instead of mailto. I use Formspree on my portfolio, and it works great.

1 Like

Some of your projects bleed off the screen on mobile. Your serious form is fun, nice work!

1 Like

Great job especially I like the work at footer. However, I have one suggestion about the decrements of font size. What do you think?

1 Like

Wow! I’ve gotta be honest! Your portfolio is literary the best I have seen here so far! Are you a senior web developer? How long have you been coding?

1 Like

can you pls share the code for “formspree”. Honestly, i don’t even know what that is :slight_smile: Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Thank you Shona ) decrements of font size? Let’s do it! But i got a small problem here… since English is not my first language, i don’t know what decrements of font size means )

1 Like

Thanks man. I am not a senior developer, actually, I’m a history teacher. I have been teaching myself to code so I can improve my teaching and research. I’ve learned everything I know about web development from freeCodeCamp, Codecademy, EdX, and Udemy.

Here’s a link to Formspree. The directions for using it are dead simple - no extra JavaScript, just a single line of code in the form. Check out the contact.html file in my portfolio’s codebase.

Good luck @mbassador. Your portfolio looks great on Codepen. It would be simple for you to post on GitHub Pages if you would like something more permanent.

1 Like

It turns out, We are colleagues! I’m an English teacher. You must have been coding for at least a year b/c your portfolio really does look outstanding. Thank you very much for the links, now i can I’ll fix my contact form. As for Github, I haven’t learned how to do the push/pull stuff on there. All i can do is copy/paste on Github but I’m afraid that’s not the right way to use it. That’s why I’m very passive on Github.

Teachers unite!

I hear you about being intimidated by Git at first, but it’s a necessity if you’re going to keep developing. Here’s a link to a Git cheat sheet that has all of the basic commands. This is easily enough to manage your code on GitHub. Once you have your portfolio in a GitHub repository it’s as easy as flipping a switch to post it on GitHub Pages.

Actually, I have a past comment on another FreeCodeCamp question that breaks down the basic operations of setting up a GitHub repo and pushing code. Check that out for a start.

Excellent work! I love the clean and uncluttered design.

I found out about a wonderful thing called GitHub Pages just yesterday and I can’t wait to learn about it. Thank you very much for the cheat sheet. Have you heard about Pareto’s 80/20 Principle? He said that 80% of results come from 20% of effort. So my question is out of all the commands on the Git cheat sheet which ones do you use the most? I wanna learn that important 20% first.