33 yo, from no webdev experience to full-stack developer in 4 months thanks to FCC

Thanks means a lot. :grinning:
one day ill have what i want too;
chasing dreams…

Thank you for the motivation. On that particular quote, you mention that there are some certifications we must done within freeCodeCamp, but which ones? There are a lot of them related to web programming. Could you please pinpoint the one that applies the most in this case?

Thanks, amazing comeback for your career.

Damn dude ! What a nice motivational post ! I started 1 month ago and I want to make it. I live in Chile but have a German nationality also so I hope to get a job over there after studying at least 1 year by myself while I still have some savings. I’m also currently unemployed and have a unfinished sociology mayor… worked the last years in theater/concert production, not much happening now with covid. Is it worth uploading to github de html/css projects of the certificate? I’ve this idea that github is mostly for programing languages and I also think that someone has to have some curatorship of what you upload there, correct me if i’m wrong please. Thank you again for your input !!

Amazing🌟 Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article. It really motivates me to try harder and accomplish my goals
And thnx for all the links Its really helpful, really feel like theres alot I still dont know.

1 Like

Great write up, def an informative read, :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations, This is very inspiring.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I am in the middle of a career change. I subbed to youtube channel and I have gotten started but, it feels like a up hill battle. I am contemplating a return to a community college and possibly uni. Unfortunately, we are in a global pandemic which sparked my curiosity in the first place. I am not thrilled by the job market prior to the pandemic. While I was working during pandemic, I began learning python. Many years ago, I learned html, javascript, and some others at a community college.

I appreciate you sharing. The solo learning and motivation to keep going is extremely challenging. I have a job atm but, I am seeking a marketable in demand skill set which I believe will help me.

How much a head start do you feel you got from your college experience with IT? Good luck to you. Thank you for the share and resources.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this. I’m in a rut in the learning process right now and this post reminds me to be patient and to keep working at it.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between using Chingu and just finding a project on Github or elsewhere to collaborate on?

I was doing my python data analysis project and eventually found this post. I’m from one of asian countries and living in southern europe right now. I lost my job from Covid then I’ve been studying coding for change my career. I applied few boot camp in my country and also where I am right now however those were cancelled for virus lol. So I’ve found this amazing site then I am still learning myself with a hope of finding any good job opportunity. Sometime I am too blue but I’m trying not to be like that. These period makes me darker though this post gave me some strength indeed. I bookmarked your post and I would read it again and again. Thank you for sharing your story and congrat on your career change :)!!

Gratz on the new job and thank you for sharing both your story and resources as well as employment tips! Keeps me motivated at 35 xD

Thanks for sharing and congrats. I’m almost done with the first 300 hours and super excited.

very inspirational…thank you