A question from one of my homework subjects

Hallo I a newbie and not very good with programming. For a study I am following, I have to do basic scripting and databases. I have included below my homework question as I am stuck. Please note that this is a translated question from Dutch. The OS that is required for this homeowrk in use is opensuse leap and Doctrine and Eclipse.
Is there anyone here who can please help me to understand what I am suppose to do or any tutorials that can help me out? I have already use youtube and Doctrine and other sources to explain things but I must be really above my head. The teacher is not helpful and my coursework is basically to search it out for yourself as my teacher says.
I would really appreciate any help and thank you.

In this entry you will demonstrate how in different programming languages ​​(Java, PHP):
a database can be created in a database server
rights can be assigned to it for a user
a table structure can be imported based on an existing (ANSI) SQL script
a database backup and restore can be performed.
For PHP you use the Symfony 2 framework; there you install Doctrine and use the Doctrine Migrate functionality to create a database from an XML schema file.
This file is the sample XML schema file from the Doctrine online documentation.

For the sake of clarity, you are therefore allowed to use tooling in this submission. For example, in Java, you can apply the SquirrelSQL tool or an Eclipse SQL plugin.
Most importantly, it shows that you are properly running the SQL queries to perform the operations through these tools.
The elaboration of this submission must be a ‘log’ of all input (commands) and output (results).
This log should contain enough information so that a system administrator could run the commands independently on their own environment.
So it should be both a log and some kind of work instruction. The format in which you work this out is free, but the advice is to make it into a sort of checklist with explanation.
You must describe what the expected result per command should have been and whether this matched the actual result or whether errors occurred.

The commands may be run as the root user of the MySQL database server.

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. If you’re not getting the instruction and material you need in your current studies, the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. At a modest guess I’d say investing a 4-5 hours working through the curriculum here will really pay off. You can find the curriculum at https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / repl.it / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.