Your code so far

// Setup
var myArray = [[1,2,3], [4,5,6], [7,8,9], [[10,11,12], 13, 14]];
var myArray = [4][0]; // equals [[1,2,3], [4,5,6],[7,8,9]];
var myArray = [4][1]; // equals [[10,11,12], 13, 14];
// Only change code below this line.
var myData = myArray[4][0][4][1]; // equals 8 

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0.

Link to the challenge:

myArray is only a two-dimensional array, but your code is trying to reference a third and fourth dimension. The challenge wants you to assign the value 8 to myData, so you need to understand how to access values from the two-dimensional array myArray.

The first dimension is defined by the outer [ ], so myArray’s first dimension has 4 elements as follows:

1st is [1,2,3]
2nd is [4,5,6]
3rd is [7,8,9]
4th is [[10,11,12], 13, 14]

To access a specific element of myArray, you would be simply write:

myArray[index] // where index represent the 0-based index of the element you want to access.

To access a second dimensional element of myArray, you would be referencing an element of an array contained inside of myArray. In the current example, there are 4 “sub arrays” in myArray. Let’s say I want to refer to the 1st element of the 2nd sub array of myArray, I would write:

myArray[1][0] // the 1 represents the 2nd element of myArray and the index represents the 1st element of the 2nd element (a sub array) of myArray.

Thanks, but still did not work out.

Can you post your code?

Lol, No need, I debugged my code on my own, actually, I found it easier doing research than asking for explicit answers which limits my understanding of the code functionality.
Thanks