Account Email Issue

Hi! I had started doing freeCodeCamp assignments with my work email address, but no longer have access to that account since I am no longer with that organisation. I tried asking if there was I way I could regain access but was told that is no longer an option. I can still access my account on my laptop because I am still logged in, but I’m afraid of losing all the progress I have made. I tried changing my email address to my personal one, but I got the message that there is already an account using that address (I don’t remember making an account with that address but that is probably a personal issue on my end). Now, before I end up losing access to my account, I thought it would be a good idea to re-asses the situation and get some feedback.
What should someone in my situation do?

log in with your personal account in an incognito window, delete that account, then try again to change your account in the settings.

1 Like

I was going for this, but I’m sick with a solid fever so wasn’t sure about my reasoning. I also realised that the account that freeCodeCamp is referring to is the very one I am now commenting with (since I used GitHub to log in). This might complicate things.

Thanks!

the forum account is different from the curriculum account, they are separated account