Adding bundle.js break the code in sandbox

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Hello, I finished the project for Markdown Previewer and link the code from github to sandbox.
Everything works fine before I add the bundle.js to external resources.
After I add this link to external resources:
https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js
The application broke and shows errors as below,

Error
Objects are not valid as a React child (found: object with keys {$$typeof, type, key, ref, props, _owner, _store}). If you meant to render a collection of children, use an array instead.

When I was doing the random-quote-machine project, I added the bundle.js the same way as now, and it worked before. I am not sure why it is breaking now.

Please help.

Here is my sandbox project link:

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.51 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Markdown Previewer

Can you test if the code works in another environment? i tried adding the bundle.js to other sites and it worked fine but when addind it to codesandbox, in a new project, it breaks it

What other environment can I use? Thank you for testing it out!

there isnt really any specifically listed supported environments. codepen.io is the default one to use for fcc since it has very good support, but replit.com
would be a more similar environment to codesandbox.io if you prefer that

1 Like

I used replit and it worked. Not sure why the bundle.js doesn’t work in sandbox anymore, it did work before. There might be an issue in sandbox now. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thank you!

Not sure what happened with CodeSandbox, now it doesn’t even work with Helmet loading the script. It used to work with this npm package all it does is use Helmet to add the script. But it doesn’t seem to work on CodeSandbox anymore. I can see the script gets loaded on the page but the test widget doesn’t show.

Anyway, if you want something like CodeSandbox you can use StackBlitz with a Vite React starter template and add the script to the index HTML file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.