All map progress gone

I just logged in for the first time in a while (dec17) and all my map progress is gone? I was litterally logging in to post my simon project!!!

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache. However, there is also a known issue that may be affecting your account (see below).

Your completed challenges are all saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges and also the last submitted solutions by looking at your profile page.

If your profile does not include your completed challenges, here is my troubleshooting advice:

1. Double check that you used the same method to sign in. Try logging out and back in again with the original method. Attempting to sign in with a different method will sometimes create a duplicate account. (FCC is taking steps to prevent this from happening in the future.)
  2. Double check that you aren’t on the beta site now and that you didn’t create your original account on the beta site by accident. (Yes, this does happen.)

Your progress tracking (map) is saved in your browser’s local storage. In-progress code is also saved in your local browser cache. If you are changing browsers or clearing your cache regularly you’ll have to use freecodecamp.com/map to navigate to your next challenge. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

Known issue:

If your former progress cannot be found on your profile page, and your score has reset to 1, you have been affected by a known, but rare, issue. The team is working to resolve this issue.

If you want to start again, remember only the beginner and intermediate algorithms (marked on the map with a *), and the projects, are required to attain the front end certificate. Since your projects are likely hosted on Codepen, Surge or GitHub Pages, they have not been lost due to this reset - you can just resubmit them. Your algorithm solutions are the only critical solutions hosted directly on freeCodeCamp, so as you work on these be sure to push them to your GitHib repo, or store them with a service like Codepen, JSFiddle or Repl.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and we are working hard to resolve future issues.

1 Like

Something Similar happened with my account at one place it is showing 258 and on navigation 26.
Please Fix

!