Am confused here

am trying my hands on the new html added in the course. am in step 3 but am stuk and confused cos i don’t understand what i should do
the question is:
Inside the head element, nest a meta element with an attribute named charset set to the value utf-8 to tell the browser how to encode characters for the page. Note that meta elements are self-closing.

then my coding is :point_down:

<head>
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <meta>
    charset=ut8
  </head>

though am not sure

it goes like this <meta charset = 'utf-8'>

<head>
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
    <meta charset = 'utf-8'>
  </head>

it didn’t work

Mod Edit: SOLUTION REDACTED
Try this one.

<head>
    <meta charset = 'utf-8'/>
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
      </head>

it still didn’t work

write exactly as i did

1 Like
 <head>
    <meta charset = 'utf-8' />
    <title>Cafe Menu</title>
      </head>

not working

You didn’t write it exactly, your closing head tag is still indented

1 Like

copy my code and then paste it…

i copied and pasted your code and it worked. which made me to look closely and where i went wrong. Thanks.

1 Like

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like

thanks, understood. :slight_smile:

[solution removed by moderator]

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

The solution has been removed from your post.

it worked perfectly for me :grin:

@blessedonyi did you find the solution?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.