Anonymous Message Board - tests passing without ANY code modification

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello, guys

I’m working on Anonymous Message Board task using repl.it platform. The thing is that I didn’t make any changes to the existing repl code, just copied the link and run tests. So, some tests passed! Like this one:
You can send a POST request to /api/replies/{board} with form data including text , delete_password , & thread_id . This will update the bumped_on date to the comment’s date. In the thread’s replies array, an object will be saved with at least the properties _id , text , created_on , delete_password , & reported .
But I didn’t fill any logic for this test! Is it ok to work like this? I don’t think so. Hope you can help me figure this out :blush:

UPD: same result with both repl and glitch platforms - 9 tests are marked as passed WITHOUT any code provided.

UPD 2: 9 tests are marked as passed with any random link provided

Your project link(s)

solution: https://replit.com/@malikaefremova/boilerplate-project-messageboard-2

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.110 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Anonymous Message Board

Link to the challenge:

hey @berlinsinister welcome to the forum.
If you are looking for where to put your logic then this may help

app.route('/book')
  .get(function (req, res) {
    res.send('Get a random book')
  })
  .post(function (req, res) {
    res.send('Add a book')
  })
  .put(function (req, res) {
    res.send('Update the book')
  })

this is from express routing docs (Express routing)
you can now fill out api.js with logic.

Thanks for the reply.
I have different issue. The tests are passing WITHOUT ANY code. So I’m wondering why.

well sorry for not getting your query but you have a nice bug :sweat_smile:
it not passes all the tests for me (I’ve provide your replit link)

true, not all the tests, but in my case 9 tests out of 13 are passing :)) though I didn’t code anything yet :))

Hello there,

Some of the tests for some certification projects are not written yet.

It is up to you to follow the user-stories as best you can, and submit an academically honest project.

You can read more here:

Hope this clarifies

Thanks, this makes things a lot more clear!

Guess same was with the first task Stock Price Checker. But there was only ONE test passing by default, let’s call it this way. Right?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.