Any help on my survey form would be appreciated

I have read several of the already posted survey form questions to try to figure out where my error is. I have not had any luck. Please forgive me if this as already been asked and answered. I am passing all the test’s for the Survey Project except three and they seem to be the same issues in three different area. They are as follows:

• User Story #4 - Inside the form eleement, I am required to enter my name in a field with id=“name”. If I do not enter a name I will see an HTML5 error.

• User Story #6 - If I enter an email that is not formatted correctly, I will see an HTML5 validation error.

• User Story #8 - If I enter non-numbers in the number input, I will see an HTML5 validation error.

Survey Form Project

Thank you all again so very much for sharing your expertise and taking the time to help.

Sincerely,
A confused beginner.
G

Welcome to the forum.
Each error is pointing you to a specific element.
The first is a basic (annoying)misspelling as “requried”.

For the other two, you’d need to look at some documentations about the input-tag like this: <input>: The Input (Form Input) element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Certain options for the input-tag make it so it’s validating the given data. You just need to add these correctly.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
:rofl: forgive me for laughing at myself. But of course me the Queen of Misspelling. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. To the Google I go to look for those tags. Thank you for taking a moment.
I noticed on the landing page challenge it had the same notation about the email. The example page had an <action=""> section in it. I am curious to see if that is what you are pointing me towards. I literally found it two seconds ago LOL. I am going to fall in a Google rabbit hole, to find out about what you suggested first though. Thank you so very very much for you help.

1 Like

@hummingbird84, I just want to point out that when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

1 Like

@Roma I will definitely remember that. I did try to read them, and being honest it still looks like Yiddish to me. Slowly it’s making sense, I will try next time for a second look.

Thank you for the advice and for reminding me that there are no short cuts. I appreciate it. :smiley:

1 Like